As I type this, I'm under a pile of blankets. The heat has been turned on, and the Halloween decorations are popping up everywhere- even despite the fact that its not quite October. I get really excited this time of year to create healthier homemade candy. Last October I developed recipes for Twix Bars, Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups & Butterfingers! I thought I might kick off this Halloween season by pulling out my Butterfinger recipe and adding the candy to a phenomenal chocolate chip cookie recipe that I recently created. I'm so excited about these cookies, they are guaranteed to blow your mind. No one would ever believe that they were made without an ounce of grain.
Before you can think about the cookies you'll need to make the Butterfingers. I promise they are not difficult. You won't end up needing to use the whole batch, leaving you with extras to enjoy or freeze and save for another creation. So, follow the directions on this link to make the Butterfingers- then come back to this post to make the cookies!
If you don't want to worry about making the Butterfingers and you have a hankering for a thin, chewy & gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie- feel free to proceed and only make these cookies using chocolate chips! You will still REALLY enjoy them.
Ready to make some cookies??
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3.5 Tbs of Oil or Melted Butter (any mild tasting variety)
- 2.5 Tbs Milk (any variety) or water.
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- (any granulated variety: Organic Cane, Sucanat, Coconut Palm) I prefer a white variety for these cookies.
- 1/3 Cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Butterfingers (Divide: use 1/2 cup to mix into dough, and 1/2 cup to roll dough in).
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl combine the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Oil, Milk, Sugar and Vanilla. Mix until dough comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the chopped butterfingers.
- Divide dough into ten cookies (each a little larger than a heaping tbs). Roll the dough into balls and then flatten into 1/2 inch thick "pucks". If you do not pre- shape them in this manner they will not spread appropriately in the oven.
- In a small bowl place the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped Butterfingers. Press the tops of each pre-formed cookie into the Butterfingers crumbs. Each cookie's top should be well covered. Place on baking sheet Butterfinger crumb side up, spacing the cookies apart evenly.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing cookies from the sheet.
Yeilds 10 cookies. Store at room temperature in a sealed bag or container or freeze for another day!