Take a break from your traditional Blondie recipe and mix it up with Fresh Cherries and Chocolate! Your tastebuds will thank you! Really, they will, especially when you experience the perfect texture of these bars. This is a recipe that is easy and adaptable to differing dietary needs.
- 2 Packed Cups of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 Cup Truvia (Or other granulated sugar of choice)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Oil or melted butter (dairy or non-dairy)
- 3 Tbs Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 Cup Cherries pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 7.5 by 7.5 baking pan (or 8x8) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the Blanched Almond Flour, Potato Starch, Truvia, Baking Powder,Salt , Milk and oil.
- Mix in chocolate chips and cherries into the dry ingredients with hands to get the dough to come together.
- Press dough into baking pan. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes. The bars will be golden bread and firm to touch.
To make this recipe sugar free pick up a bar or two of unsweetened dark chocolate or Simply Lite Chocolate - cut the bar into chunks and use instead of chocolate chips!
Tapiocs or Arrowroot should work in place of the potato starch to make this recipe Paleo. I LOVE the texture the potato starch gives best- but the other starches should work out ok too.
Store in a sealed bag or container in the fridge or freezer.