September 4, 2014
This versatile banana pudding recipe will please every one across the dietary spectrum! From paleo to vegans, dairy free to egg-free'ers and both kids and adults alike. It is quick and easy to whip up as an after school snack or packed in a lunch box. It keeps wonderfully in the fridge so you can always have some on hand! Heavy cream can be used if you prefer the recipe to be coconut free and paleo, it can also be made with coconut milk if you prefer it to be vegan, dairy free and also still paleo!
- 1 can Coconut Milk or 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 - 3 tsp Gelatin, depending on desired thickness
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 TBSP Honey
- 1 Banana, ripe and mashed
- 5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Heat the coconut milk/heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat to warm through.
- Dissolve gelatin in HOT water, once dissolved add to coconut milk/heavy cream.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl and add the honey, banana, vanilla, salt and lemon juice and using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and chill for an hour until set.
- After chilled, re-blend with an immersion blender or food processor to smooth.