August 16, 2014
I have a friend named Tre'. She's an absolute creative genius and one of my favorite people in the world. You know a bit about Tre' too actually, because you have seen all of her work on my website. She has done ALL of my personal photos including all of the pictures on the top of the blog). I love her work, but even more I love her.
We share so many interests. But our #1 love is Indian Culture and food. We have been known to go to Indian Grocery Stores and buy a stack of bollywood movies hoping that just one of them worked. Every time we see each other we either go out or make a feast of Indian food as well.
On Tre's last visit into town we decide to make an Indian Style Cheesecake. She like many of us has a laundry list of allergies so I promised her I would find a way to make a cheesecake that she could have. (It had been 9 years since she last been able to eat one)
Together in the kitchen we created this beauty of a cheesecake. Its SO delicious! Who knew paneer could act as the perfect creamy base. Best of all the recipe is Egg free so we could both have it!
Paneer can be tricky to find. If you have not been to an Indian grocery store- look around in your area for one! They always have paneer and I can guarantee you'll find some other fun things to buy too.
The beauty of this cheesecake is that is can be made with regular cream cheese or goat cheese! Whichever you prefer will taste awesome.
- 2 cups of Pistachios
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 (4.5 ounce) containers of Goat Cheese Cream Cheese or Regular Cream Cheese (1 cup)
- 2 (12 oz) packages of Paneer
- 1/4 cup of milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 8 packets (8 grams) of powdered stevia
- 6 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of hot espresso or coffee
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp. of Chai Spice Mix
- To make the crust- rinse the pistachio's and towel dry them. Throw them into a food processor with the cocoa powder and chocolate chips and pulse until finely chopped and it starts to stick together. set aside.
- To make the filling add all of the cheesecake ingredients into a large food processor until smooth.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a large springform pan. Slightly oil the inside edges of the pan- then pour and smooth in the cheesecake filling.
- Place in the fridge covered for a few hours until firm.