April 20, 2015
Growing up, for any special occasion my dad would always put out shrimp cocktail. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the old classic, but in lieu of the upcoming outdoor party season I have been trying to think of how to put a fun spin on my dad's favorite. And then it hit me, a little bit of crunch makes pretty much everything better. So that's what I did! I created a crispy coated shrimp that does not need to be deep fried but simply baked right in your oven. You don't have to stop with cocktail sauce either, this recipe is so versatile any number of different dips can be served along side it!
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 TBSP Water
- 1/4 packed cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 packed cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the egg with the water; set aside
- In a separate bowl combine the , tapioca, black pepper, salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Drop Shrimp into wet mixture and then heavily dredge in breading mixture. You may need to go back and re-drop shrimp back into the dry ingredients to get a good breaded coating.
- Place on baking sheet, and drizzle liberally with oil.
- Cook shrimp 20 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy.
- Once slightly cooled serve with your favorite gluten free cocktail sauce, I like to use Walden Farms Cocktail Sauce.