January 2, 2014
Is there anything better than brie? It's a tough one to top. How about we smother some jam and toasted walnuts to it and wrap in it dough? ...OKAY!
Brie en Croute is one of my favorite things in the whole world. It's a melty treat that's perfect for parties, brunch, or just about anytime!
This version uses my simple to make Grain/Egg Free Pie Crust! Not quite puff pastry, but a million times easier to make and still seriously delicious!
- 1 round of brie, left in casing
- 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry jam, or whatever flavor you prefer
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- use my grain free pie crust to wrap it!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once you have the pie crust made and rolled out, put the round of brie in the middle, top with jam and nuts, and wrap in dough. You want to make sure you have enough to completely cover the cheese round.
- Bake the brie at 350 for 20 minutes. Brush some butter on the dough, then broil friendly for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool... enjoy!