November 23, 2013
Today is the last day of Chestnut Flour Recipes this week! I had such a blast creating them and posting them daily along with my friend Tammy from The Healthy Gluten Free Life! Today I have for you French Toast Muffins AND a Chestnut flour GIVEAWAY.
I thought I would end things with a bang and do something a bit extra fun.. I made FRENCH TOAST Using Muffins. Say what?? I saw the idea on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Had to try it- and it was a total success! Plus, I added caramel. Because who doesn't love it on everything. Its optional though, so don't feel like you have to send yourself into a sugar coma. (even though its a refined free sugar- the truth is..its still sugar). Be sure to also check out Tammy's recipe for Caramel Apple Pecan Bars!!
Here is the full list of Chestnut Flour Recipes from this week:
- White Chocolate Drizzled Gingerbread Breakfast Cakes
- Paleo Caramel Apple Donuts
- Paleo Banana Nut Caramel Muffins
- Paleo Cranberry Carrot Cake Donuts
- Maple Pumpkin Blondies
- 5-Spice Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Cinnamon Swirl Butternut Squash Mini Loaves
- Caramel Apple Pecan Bars
**ALSO: Very Important. The Early Bird Special for the Vermont Trip Ends today! Today is your LAST opportunity to save $100 on the Culinary Getaway that I am hosting happening in Feb! Read this post for details**
- 1/2 Pureed Bananas
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1 1/4 Chestnut Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Walnuts, chopped (optional- add more into the batter if you want!)
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the bananas, milk, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Next, add in cinnamon, salt, palm sugar, flour, and baking powder
- Place muffin tins in muffin pan.
- Pour batter into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- Let muffins cool.
- While muffins are cooling, combine french toast coating and let an oiled saucepan heat up over medium heat.
- Cut muffins in half and dip cut side in french toast coating.
- Place muffins in pan and cook until they start to brown.
- While muffins are cooking, in a saucepan, combine all ingredients for the caramel, and heat until thick.
- Remove muffins from oven, drizzle on caramel.
Chestnut Flour Giveaway:
To enter to win:
- Leave me a comment below letting me know which one of our Chestnut Flour Recipes you are most excited to try! (See the list above).
- Share this giveaway on Facebook!
- "Like" my facebook page so that you can see if you won!
Good Luck! I'll announce the winner next week on FACEBOOK- and will email the winner!