April 8, 2014
Hey Avocado Lovers...
this Paleo Lemon-Avocado Spiralized Pasta is
going to be your new favorite!
I love using avocado in my cooking. Its a fun way to sub out cream and you still have a sauce with the same decadence. The sauce in this Paleo Lemon-Avocado Spiralized Pasta has some serious layers of flavor.
From the caramelized onions, to the white wine, and rich avocados, all on a bed on spiralized celery noodles. And again like all my recipes, this one is quick and easy to put together on a busy week night. Its pretty incredible tasting too!
To get your celery noodles to look like mine in this Paleo Lemon-Avocado Spiralized Pasta, use a Paderno Spiralizer!
- 1 Onion,chopped
- 1 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 3-4 Celery Root, Skinned and then Spiralized
- 2 Avocados
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Melted Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a pan cook onion and white cooking wine over medium heat for 11-14 minutes; cooking wine should be all but evaporated.
- Meanwhile using a Paderno Spiralizer, make celery root into pasta.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, drizzle in fat of choice (oil or butter) and cook celery root.
- As the sauce and pasta is cooking prepare the avocado.
- Puree the avocados, lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, garlic powder, and melted Butter.
- Take sauce off the heat, adding pureed avocado mixture, along with the salt and olive oil.
- Combine sauce with the cooked Spiralized celery noodles!