September 23, 2014
It's waffle mania here in my kitchen! With the anniversary of Club Angell quickly approaching I have an e-book in the works for people who reissue their memberships or sign up for the first time! Can you guess what that book is going to feature?! You guessed it... Waffles! So here is a little sneak peek for EVERYONE to enjoy! These Coconut Flour Waffles are the absolute perfect balance between being fluffy and slightly crispy. They are also multi-allergen free so no matter who you are cooking these up for, they will be a safe and delicious bet!
- 5 large Eggs
- ½ cup Milk, dairy or non-dairy
- ½ cup + 2 TBSP melted Butter or mild tasting Oil
- ½ cup + 2 TBSP granulated Pure Cane Sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ¾ cup Potato Starch
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- Pre-heat waffle maker to medium heat if your iron has a number setting.
- In a blender or food processor combine the eggs, milk, butter/oil and sugar. Blend together until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add to the blender the salt, coconut flour, potato starch, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until well combined, about 1 minute.
- By hand, mix in the baking powder.
- Liberally oil the pre-heated waffle iron and pour on the batter using a ? measuring cup. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes or until golden and the edges are slightly crisp. Times will vary depending on your waffle iron.