October 26, 2014
Pumpkin Cheesecake was always a staple at my family's holiday table, year after year everyone looks forward to it! The problem with traditional cheesecake is... it's kind of a pain in the you-know-what! It takes forever to bake, is extremely fussy and nine times out of ten, it cracks down the center! Well fuss no more with my no bake pumpkin cheesecake! This recipe is paleo friendly and refined sugar free, although you would never think that when you eat it! The crust offers that traditional graham cracker crunch but without any of the gluten thanks to Schar Graham Crackers! Grace your holiday table with this sure fire hit this year!
- 1 Cup Goat Cheese or Cream Cheese
- 24oz Paneer Cheese, cubed
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 6g Stevia
- 1 ¼ tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 18 squares of Schar Graham Crackers, ground into crumbs
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 1 TBSP Melted Butter or Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter, dairy or non dairy
- 1 1/4 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Heavy Cream
- 1 TBSP Bourbon
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a large food processor. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a small food processor. Mix until well combined and crumbs begin to stick together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an oiled 9 inch springform pan. Besure to get the crust as even as possible and to the edges of the pan.
- Pour the filling onto the crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top of the cheesecake, cover and place in the fridge for several hours or overnight until set.
- Combine the butter, palm sugar, salt and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the butter is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Allow to cook for about 3 minutes and remove from heat. Add bourbon and stir well.
- Allow the caramel to cool to a little warmer than room temperature before drizzling on your cheesecake. If it is too hot it will melt the cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream around perimeter. (optional)
If you are looking for a more traditional thicker cheesecake, simply double the recipe for both the filling and crust! Allow and additional 1-2 hours to chill and set.
To make this cheesecake GRAIN FREE- use my homemade graham cracker recipe: http://brittanyangell.com/gluten-free-graham-crackers/