November 21, 2014
Who doesn't love pizza night?! I know it's one of my favorite nights of the week! The only challenge can be finding a pizza joint that offers a decent gluten free pie. Well now with this awesome pizza crust mix from Schar using their Classic White Bread Mix, you can make your own delicious gluten free crust at home... And what is the only way to make gluten free pizza crust better? Stuffing it with cheese! That's right, that cheese stuffed crust you loved as a kid is back, and minus the gluten! We topped this pie with red pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella and pepperoni, but feel free to get creative with whichever toppings sound yummy to you!
- 1 Box Schar Classic White Bread Mix
- 10 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 1-1 1/4 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Olive Oil for Drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the pizza crust ingredients according to the box instructions.
- Once the dough is stretched to 16 inches on a starch dusted sheet of parchment, place the cheese sticks around the perimeter of the dough. Using the parchment, begin to roll the edges of the dough over the cheese sticks so that they are completely enclosed. Be sure to seal the edge of the crust to the inner part of the pie. Brush entire crust with warm water and transfer the parchment and crust to a large baking sheet.
- Once the oven in preheated, place the baking sheet with the dough in the oven, turn the oven off and leave the door slightly ajar. Proof the dough in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Top the pizza crust with the pizza sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni. Drizzle entire pie with olive oil.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.