November 26, 2014
You know that I love and appreciate each and every one of you so much, right? To show you all how much your support means to me I am giving you another free recipe from my new paleo bread book Every Last Crumb! This new book is jam packed with every kind of bread, dessert and comfort food recipe you could think of and everything in between! Think that because you are on a carb restricted diet that you can no longer enjoy bread? Think again! This egg and almond butter based bread is the perfect alternative to traditional or gluten free bread if you are on a low carb diet. It tastes just like honey wheat bread… minus the wheat!
- 5 Medium Sized Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Butter (431g)
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice (about 1 freshly squeezed lemon)
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 TBSP Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix your eggs in a large bowl with a stand mixer on medium speed until the eggs are whipped and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Into the eggs add the almond butter, lemon juice, baking soda, salt, honey, cinnamon and salt. Mix for another 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 48-50 minutes. Halfway through baking time, cover loosely with foil to avoid over browning.