June 2, 2013
This chocolate mousse is so delicious and super easy to throw together for a last minute dessert. Its so thick you could almost use it as frosting I plan to use it as a pie filling this summer! (Chocolate Mousse S'more pie here I come!) Its a great way to sneak your kids avocado, as they will only taste one thing: thick chocolaty mousse!
- 3 medium sized avocados
- 8 -9 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt + a small pinch
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons agave, coconut nectar, or honey (less or more to taste)
- Mix avocados in a food processor until they become smooth. Then add the cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and sweetener .
To make this recipe SUGAR FREE use Nunaturals Chocolate Liquid Stevia. Stevia can make chocolate taste quite bitter, but I have found that their chocolate flavor works excellent in recipes like this one.
For flavor variations, feel free to add different flavor extracts- peppermint, orange oil, hazelnut extract, almond extract, or fresh fruit.