May 11, 2015
As I have said many times before, I have no problem with low glycemic sweeteners such as stevia and xylitol. So when I quit sugar (like I am at the moment) I allow them. BUT, I know thats not the case for everyone and that many of you really enjoy doing the 21 day sugar detox.
So, I created a cookie recipe for you, that is just a TINY bit sweet- filled with chunks of green apple as the diet guidelines mandate. I loaded up the cookie with cinnamon and ginger to help give it a nice bit of flavor despite being sugar free.I figured they would be best for breakfast as they are both pretty big, and I don't mind not eating non-sweet things for breakfast.
The white drizzle on top of the cookies is melted coconut butter! (Which is also NOT sweet!) So please don't be fooled :)
- 2 packed cups of blanched
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 TBSP of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons of Powdered Ginger
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Powdered Cloves.
- 1 1/2 TBSP of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TBSP Milk or Water
- 5 TBSP's of room temperature Butter. (aka Slightly Softened)
- 2 cups of finely diced green apple
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Line one cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl mix together the flour,salt and spices.
- Pour in the vanilla extract, milk and the butter. Using your spoon (and your hands if needed) mix together until it forms a dough. This may take a minute- the longer your mix the more the dough will come together.
- Chop and mix in the apples.
- Form 6 large round 1/2 inch cookies. (They will not spread or poof up while baking) place on the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes until the edges feel firm to touch. Cookies without sugar really don't change color much when baked!