October 8, 2016
Holy Candy Apples! These are SENSATIONAL. My husband who is reluctant to ever want to eat sweet things had 3 of these apples the day I made them.
S'more candy apples are delicious- but adding pumpkin spice to the marshmallow took them to another level! They are a perfect balance of flavors.
Thanks to Schar's honey grams I was able to make these apples gluten free really quickly. No slaving over the stove trying to make homemade graham crackers. We have been buying these gluten free crackers for years. They are the real deal. I recently noticed that they now also come in great portion packs, perfect for sending to school with your kids for a snack or part of lunch!
Schar is giving away FREE honey grams! If you want some send to you just CLICK HERE and fill out the address form! Snatch them up while you can.. you'll love them I promise 🙂
- 6 Small Apples
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1 (10 0z) bag marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Cups of Chocolate Chips + 1/2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of Crushed Gluten Free Schar Honey Grams
- Wash each apple in hot water. Then dry and stick a popsicle stick in each one. Set aside and place a sheet to parchment on a large cookie sheet. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the marshmallows- stirring over medium heat until fully melted. Stir in the Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Dip each apple in the melted marshmallow. Shake the apples slightly and carefully to remove excess marshmallow. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to let the marshmallow cool and firm up.
- Once the marshmallow has cooled prepare the chocolate. In a microwave melt chocolate chips and the coconut oil for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Crush your honey grams in a bag and then place the crumbs in a smallish bowl.
- Dip each apple in the chocolate letting the excess drip off and then dip and roll in the honey grams.
- Place back on the cookie sheet and store in the fridge until the chocolate cools down and gets hard and you are ready to serve. The apples can stay in the fridge for 1 week or so. Longer if you cover them.