Love Smoothies? But not the sugar?
Making a smoothie without fruit can be tricky. I found my way around this by pulling out my ice cube tray. I freeze everything from Pumpkin Puree to dairy and nondairy milk and kefir. Once the cubes are frozen they act as the perfect replacement to frozen fruit as they add thickness and great flavor.
To make this smoothie nice and creamy I used both frozen yogurt cubes and raw cashews. And the Lemon Ginger flavor combo is SO good!
Additionally I added Vitamins to my smoothie! I can't recommend enough Wellesse Certified Gluten Free Liquid Vitamins. I swear by their multi which is free of iodine. Iodine can be problematic for those like me with Hashimotos Disease. Finding a multivitamin WITHOUT iodine is close to impossible. Plus this vitamin is sugar free and sweetened with stevia. Seriously, love it.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews. (I don't bother soaking mine- but feel free to soak them in warm water for an hour before making the smoothie if your blender is not powerful).
- 6 Cubes of Plain Frozen Yogurt or Kefir (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 5 Ice Cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Cup of Milk (Dairy or Nondairy) I used unsweetened Almond Milk.
- Nunaturals Stevia to taste. (I used 3 packets (3 Grams))
- 1 Tablespoon of Wellesse Liquid Multivitamin (optional)
- Pour the plain yogurt variety of your choice into an ice cube tray. Freeze until hard.
- Into a blender add all of the ingredients- adding the stevia last to taste.
Ps. Looking for more sugar and fruit free smoothie recipes? You might love these:
- Mojito Detox Smoothie (Sugar Free)
- Sugar & Dairy Free Chocolate Shake
- High Protein Iced Lemon Latte. (Dairy/Sugar/Soy/Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie (Fruit & Sugar Free)
- Cranberry Lemonade Smoothie (Sugar Free)
- Sugar Free Shamrock Shake. (Gluten/Dairy/Soy Free)
- Sugar & Dairy Free Cream Soda. (aka an Ice Cream Float)