STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW! I beg of you to do this one thing! Check this recipe out. It is literally to die for delicious. I combined a spicy buffalo chicken alfredo sauce with the sweetness of sweet potatoes and viola, a masterpiece!
This recipe includes a healthy twist as it uses vegetables in place of pasta. If you've ever had trouble getting your wee one's or maybe your significant other to eat vegetable, it think this might be the trick. I got my brand spankin' new spiralizer at William-Sonoma and I'm so excited with the endless possibilities that lie ahead!
If sweet potatoes aren't your cup of tea, you could use another veggie pasta of choice. Carrots or Parsnips for example would taste killer good. If you are all about classic pasta, go right ahead and dump this delicious sauce over that. You could end up with some crazy good Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese if you want to take the recipe down that path. All you would need to do would be to added some shredded cheddar cheese (dairy or nondairy) to the hot thickened sauce.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Cream from a Can
- 1 TBSP Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 4 Tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- 2 TBSP Frank's Red Hot (or other hot sauce of choice)
- Pinch of Salt (to taste)
- Pinch of Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Chili Powder (optional)
- 1 lb of Chicken (poach or make in a skillet)
- 3 Sweet Potato, spiralized
- 2-3 TBS oil for cooking the sweet potatoes.
- In a saucepan combine the cream, butter, starch, frank's red hot, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder; heat until thickened, whisking the whole time; set aside.
- Either poach chicken or cook in a skillet; Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer make sweet potatoes into noodles.
- In a saucepan heat up oil over medium heat and add in Sweet Potato noodles.
- Cook noodles until cooked through.
- Combine noodles, sauce and chicken; ENJOY!