Ever been to the website PaleOMG? Juli is amazing. She's creative, and has a fabulous sense of humor. She does paleo dogma free..and for that I love her. Back in September Juli posted a recipe for Brocolli Fritters using the stalks of brocolli (BRILLANT). I took her idea and added my own spin. Since I can now have dairy..cheese was a must. (However a nondairy cheese will work here too!) Since eggs are an issue for me- I removed them.
I call these Paleo- as cheese is one of those things that some Paleo eaters DO consume. Of course if you don't do cheese (dairy or nondairy versions) head over and be sure to make Juli's recipe instead!
- 3 cups shredded broccoli (stalks only)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or nondairy shreds.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup starch (Tapioca, Potato or Arrowroot)
- Shred the broccoli stalks using a food processor or hand grater.
- Finely chop a small onion and measure out 1 cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, onions, salt, black pepper, almond flour, and starch until it holds together.
- Using your hands, make small, flat patties of the mixture. Each patty should use approximately 2 Tablespoons of filling.
- Pan fry the fritters over medium heat in a nonstick pan with oil. Cook until brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side.