If you swooned yesterday for my bacon jam recipe, then this breakfast sandwich is for you!
Sure classic breakfast sandwiches are good, but this one takes delicious to a whole new level. The bacon jam is the perfect combo of sweet and salty. Combine that with a fried egg and cheese and your in for an amazing experience.
Feel free to throw in some sliced avocado, sausage patty, or whatever your heart desires! The combinations are endless!
I created and posted 3 extra crispy basic waffle recipes. Select whichever works best as your base:
Basic Gluten Free/Vegan Recipe (for those with nut allergies).
- Make one of my extra crispy waffle recipes.
- Make my Bacon Jam recipe.
- 1 Fried Egg for each sandwich
- Cheese (dairy or nondairy)
- Make the waffles and bacon jam.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry egg to your preference.
- Assemble the sandwich. Place into a lightly buttered or oiled skillet with a lid- and toast until the cheese has melted and the waffles are lightly golden.