OMG. These brownies. THEESSSEE Brownies. THESE. They rendered me speechless.
Truth be told. I'm not a brownie person.. But THESE. (Did I say that already?)
Lets just call them brownies on steroids. Loaded with chocolate chips and pecans, topped with decadent caramel and sprinkled with more pecans and a chocolate drizzle. Did I mention there is bourbon in them, too?
If you have been following this site for awhile, you probably know that when I demand you to make a recipe, its a suggestion you should head. Head it now. Make them.
- 3 packed cups blanched
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar (any variety will work- I used Coconut Palm Sugar!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 Tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 4 Tablespoons room temp. butter (dairy or nondairy) or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Optional: More chocolate Chips melted for the top!
- 1/4 cup butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or sucanat or palm sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons heavy cream OR Cream from a can of heavy coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or kitchen, mix together the brownie ingredients until it forms a dough. Spread the dough into the baking pan and press down so that it holds together.
- Bake the brownies for 36-40 minutes, until slightly firm to the touch.
- To make the caramel: bring the caramel ingredients to a rapid boil and thickens. Pour over the brownies and top with chopped pecans.
- Optional- Melt more chocolate chips (the amount is up to you) and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the finished brownies.