Blackberry Coconut and Lime Muffins
Delicious perfect moist muffins. I was really pleased with these. Pull out your blender- and believe me when I say it makes quite the difference.
- 3 Organic Eggs
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 4 TBS Milk (high fat coconut milk suggested)
- 1 TBS Oil or melted butter.
- 1/2 Cup Unrefined Granulated Sugar (Palm Sugar/Sucanat/Xylitol etc)
- 1 1/4 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- zest of 1 Lime (optional)
- pinch of salt.
- 3/4 Tsp. Double acting baking powder.
- 1 cup Blackberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Fill muffin cups with liners.
- In a blender combine the Eggs, Milk , Lime Juice and Oil. Turn blender on and let the whip for 30 seconds. Add in the Almond Flour, Shredded Coconut, Sugar, Salt and Lime Zest. Turn on blender again to mix.
- Add the Baking Powder- turn blender on one last time until incorporated. Stir in the Blackberries and promptly pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Recipe yields 8-10 Blackberry Coconut and Lime Muffins (depending how high you fill each cup)
This recipe was developed using Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour- using other brands may result in a slightly different outcome.
For some variation- try replacing the blackberries with blueberries and using lemon juice and zest instead!
Store at room temp or freeze for another day!