Black pepper Bacon Biscuits isn't just an alliteration, it's delicious! Here's another creative way to add bacon to your day. With this recipe black pepper is added to bring out the true flavor of bacon.
These are crazy delicious on their own with a smear of butter- but if you want to take things to a whole new level smother them in gravy.
- 8 slices of crispy bacon chopped
- 2 Packed Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Shortening Bacon Lard
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree.
- Place 8 bacon strips in pan and cook until crisp.
- Meanwhile combine , potato starch, salt, black pepper, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Crumble bacon into bowl once cooled.
- Cut bacon lard into the flour mixture until biscuit dough is pea size.
- In a separate bowl wish together the eggs, and vinegar.
- Combine egg mixture with flour. Make sure not to over mix!
- Roll dough 1 inch thick, and use a biscuit cutter to press out pieces.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 22 minutes until golden brown.