In this unique spin on traditional bananas foster I swap out brown sugar for organic coconut palm sugar and place it on a lightly fried grain free tortilla. Easy Peasy (and oh so delicious). My grain free tortillas taste amazing in this recipe, however if they don't work for you- you might try my Paleo flax tortillas (which would make this recipe become paleo!) . If grain isn't a restriction for you then basic gluten free corn or rice tortillas will work as well.
- 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 2/3 Cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 1/2 T Rum or Bourbon
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Bananas, peeled, sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1/4 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 8 Tortillas (Store bought gluten free, Corn tortillas, Grain Free Quinoa Tortillas or Paleo Flax Tortillas )
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter.
- Then add the Organic Palm Sugar, Rum, Vanilla Extract, and Ground Cinnamon.
- When the mixture begins to bubble add the bananas and nuts; Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bananas are warmed through.
- In a skillet melt butter and fry tortillas; 1 minute per side, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Divide banana mixture evenly over the warmed tortillas; Serve and eat!