October 3, 2015
A popular blog recipe from the archives is my dairy free alfredo sauce. It is simple and quick to make and so delicious! Since it is the season of all things pumpkin after all I figured the only thing to take this sauce to the next level is to add some pumpkin and nutmeg, and that is exactly what I did. Roast up a spaghetti squash and mix it with this creamy, savory pumpkin sauce and call it dinner. Don't just stop at spaghetti squash though! It is also great on top of your favorite gluten free pasta or over some roasted broccoli... yum!
- 1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut cream
- 4 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted, deseeded and pulled with a fork
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add all of the ingredients, whisking constantly.
- Allow to thicken and come to a bubble and reduce to heat to low.
- Spoon into a bowl over the roasted spaghetti sauce and serve.