May 16, 2015
Who used to get a sandwich baggie of cheezits in their lunch box as a kid? I certainly did and I suspect most of you did as well! With that in mind and after the overwhelming popularity of my cheezits recipe from Every Last Crumb, I wanted to do a low carb and dairy free spin on those delicious crackers. Nutritional Yeast offers up a cheesy flavor without actually adding any dairy products. You will fool everyone with this recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of packed blanched
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons of Melted Ghee or Melted Butter
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients to form a dough.
- Place in between two sheets of parchment paper to roll out into till its 1/8 inch thick (or as thick as you prefer- just keep in mind that the crackers will not fluff up during baking- the thickness you roll them out is how they will end up)
- Leaving them on the bottom sheet of parchment, use a knife to slice squares but leaving them in place (moving them apart will create breakage)
- Carefully transfer the sheet of crackers on their parchment on to a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake 10-11 minutes until the outer edges are lightly golden and they are crispy to touch.
- Remove from oven, let them cool and then serve!