This was a family favorite growing up. I would look forward to the smells of lemon chicken came lingering up to my room while I worked in my room on homework. Creating this in my kitchen today brought back such a flood of memories!
You guys are going to love this recipe, its just like the lemon chicken you'll get at PF Changs... only of course this version is a trillion times healthier.
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1.5 pounds of Chicken Thighs, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour/Starch
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 Cup Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour/Starch
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 5-6 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the batter.
- In a separate bowl mix together ingredients for the coating.
- Drop chicken pieces in the batter and then dredge in the coating.
- Meanwhile heat up a skillet over medium-low heat with 2 T of oil.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle.
- Add in all the sauce ingredients and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly.