RawSome Garden Burgers
( Pictured Above: garden burgers served open face on a lettuce leaf spread with the mayo. The burgers are topped with the bar-b-q ketchup, onions, tomatoes, and sunflower sprouts and served with terriyaki skewers which were "raw-cooked" in the dehydrator.)
4 T ground flax seeds
½ cup water
1 cup ground sunflower seeds
¼ ground walnuts
¼ - ½ C sweet onion
3 T minced red pepper
1 cup carrot pulp or shredded carrot
2 T minced parsley
1-2 T currants (optional)
½ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil
Red pepper flakes
Salt to taste
Mix in a bowl and form into patties and add water if necessary so it can be shaped into ½ inch thick patties. Dehydrate at 115 degrees on teflex for 3-4 hours and then transfer to mesh sheet and dehydrate till firm, but not too dry.
Serve the patties using a lettuce leaf for the bun. Top with Mac Cream and BBQ Sauce and sliced tomato, avocado and red onions.
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup cashews
½ cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic minced fine
¼-1/2 cup coco water
Salt to taste
Blend in processor until creamy
1 cup fresh romas chopped
½ cup sun dried chopped
¼ - ¾ of a jalepeno or more if you like it HOT!
½- ¾ cup dates, pitted
1 tsp salt
½ cup chopped sweet onion
½ tsp minced garlic
4 fresh basil leaves
Olive oil for blending (use oil that comes in jar for sundried toms)
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp. mesquite seasoning (Spice Hunter)
Pinch of two of smoked paprika
Blend in processor
(Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil, and squares of fresh Young Thai Coconut)
Young Coconut Meat, Heirloom Tomatoes and Basil
Tony’s Italian Seasoning
1 young coconut
¼ cup organic olive oil
½ red onion diced
3-4 ripe green tomatoes
1 basket of orange cherry toms
Assortment of heirloom tomatoes (including orange and yellow as well)
Juice of one lemon
Another lemon cut in half moons for garnish
2 cloves garlic
Fresh basil leaves
Salt to taste
- Using the pulse setting, process lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and 6 leaves of basil. Pulse about a half dozen times to mix ingredients and chop up the garlic. Using a spatula, scrape the oil blend into a large shallow serving dish.
- Cut heirloom tomatoes into slices and then in half again, making half moons. Slice cherry toms in half. Marinate tomatoes in basil oil.
- Cut up onions and toss in with tomatoes
- Stack 6 large basil leaves and tightly roll up from tip to stem. Make thin slices crating basil ribbons.
- Hack open the coconut and cut the meat into small pieces mocking Mozzarella cheese.
- Add the coconut to the bowl and toss everything together well. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Wash the outer skin of the lemon and slice into half moons. Arrange around the outer edge of bowl with the skin edge up and the flat edge down.
- Slice the green tomatoes and use to decorate outer edge of bowl, alternating with the lemons.
Hope you enjoy these marvelous Recipes from Robyn!
Be Sure to Check out the Bit of Raw blog for tomorrow's Post!
and then follow along the this schedule thereafter:
Monday, April 4th; Christine @ Without Adornment
Tuesday, April 5th; Debi @ Hunter’s Lyonesse
Wednesday, April 6th; Silvana @ Silvana’s Kitchen
Thursday, April 7th; Lisa @ Vegan Culinary Crusade
Friday, April 8th; Lexie @ Lexie’s Kitchen
Saturday, April 9th; Valerie @ City|Life|Eats
Sunday April 10th; Deanna @ The Mommy Bowl
Monday, April 11th; Kim @ Affairs of Living
Tuesday, April 12th; Heather @ Gluten Free Cat
Wednesday, April 13th; Sea @ Book of Yum
Thursday, April 14th; Nicola @ G-Free Mom
Friday, April 15th; Shirley @ Gluten Free Easily
Saturday, April 16th; Maggie @ She Let Them Eat Cake
Sunday, April 17th; Gigi @ Gluten Free Gigi
Monday, April 18th; Heidi @ Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom
Tuesday, April 19th; Kim @ Cook it Allergy Free
Wednesday, April 20th; Tia @ Glugle Gluten Free
Thursday, April 21st; Aubrey @ Living Free
Friday, April 22nd; Cherly @ Gluten Free Goodness
Saturday, April 23rd; Lisa @ The Nourishing Homemaker
Sunday, April 24th; Iris @ The Daily Dietribe
Monday, April 25th; Margaret @ Eat Naked Now
Tuesday, April 26th; Ricki @ Diet, Desserts and Dogs
Wednesday, April 27th; Nancy @ The Sensitive Pantry
Thursday, April 28th; Elizabeth @ Saffron Lane
Friday, April 29th; Lauren @ Celiac Teen
Saturday, April 30th; The event will close here at Real Sustenance.
Additionally I hope yo see you all back here tomorrow for SEASONAL SUNDAYS!
Happy April In the Raw Everyone!