30 Second Raw Peanut Butter
Cookie Dough Truffles
For months now I have been making these delicious little 30 Second Raw Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles- and for whatever reason it never crossed my mind to share the "recipe". They are so simple that I'm not really sure they can be counted as a recipe. All I can tell you is that this is my go to treat when I have a sweet tooth. High Protein, Low Carb, Sugar Free- they work perfect for me.
This recipe makes only about 6 small truffles. The perfect amount for a quick guilt free treat.
- 2 heaping Tbs of Natural Peanut Butter (or any other nut or seed butter.)
- 1 - 1/2 Tbs Xylitol
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Stevia to taste (Powdered or Liquid from Nunaturals)
- Raw Cacao Nibs (or chocolate chips)
- Combine all ingredients in a small cup or bowl.
- Roll the dough into about 6 little balls and roll each in cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Eat right away or freeze for an equally delicious treat.
- This recipe calls for Xylitol- its my favorite sugar free- sugar to use as its anti-bacterial and anti fungal. In these truffles it provides a really nice crunchy sugar texture that I think all cookie dough should have. If you prefer or cannot eat xylitol any other granulated sugar with that gritty texture will work. If you omit the xylitol and use a different variety of sugar you may not need the stevia. I did a combo of stevia and xylitol together as I find their flavors really balance each other out to make things taste as if they have sugar. They need each other!
- Any variety of nut or seed butter will work here. I have even used a mix of tahini and cashew butter. (100% tahini does not taste good- make sure only to do half and half). For those needing to avoid sugar make sure to read your labels. The brand Once Again carries an awesome sunflower seed butter that is organic, salt and sugar free! It works great in this recipe.
- All brands of stevia are not equal. Nunaturals is the only brand I recommend. It does not have the weird aftertaste that is so common with stevia products.