Hey guys! I've been thinking about you a lot lately! (If that sounded weird I apologize). What I'm trying to say is that I've been putting a lot of thought into trying to provide for you a bunch of really cool resources! Because I'm only one person..and I can only pump out so many recipes and books, I started looking to see what some of my blogger friends are doing! and holy cow..there are some fantastic e-books available. I'll be sharing with you in the coming months some of these resources that I think are rock solid and loaded with tons of great content. Today I'm starting with one of my favorites… a book I think is totally essential to improving your health!
Matt and Stacy, aka the Paleo Parents, have released an awesome new eBook called 3 Phase Paleo. If you are at all interested in transitioning to a paleo lifestyle, you MUST check it out! You will learn to eliminate unhealthy, processed foods and replace them with more nutritional paleo options. And with over 75 incredibly delicious recipes, including our personal favorite Samoa Brownies, you won’t miss out on any of the comfort foods from your previous diet.
My first impression of the book is that it is easy to follow. Everything from the benefits of a paleo lifestyle down to the recipes is written in a way that makes sense. But what I particularly LOVE about this book is that it really sets you up to succeed!
In the first phase, or SWAP, Matt and Stacy teach you how, and why, to remove gluten, refined sugar, and packaged food from your diet. These items tend to be filled with chemicals (YUCK!) and are detrimental to our health. They provide helpful grocery lists, swap charts, and a guide to eating out to make completing this phase a breeze!
In the second phase, you begin gradually eliminating grains, legumes, dairy, and processed oils. These foods again have been linked to health problems such as inflammation in the body and autoimmune diseases. With Paleo Parents’ tips on how to stock up your pantry with Paleo items, the thought of completely transitioning into a Paleo is lifestyle less overwhelming.
In the third phase, they focus on how to become the best possible “you” you can be! They explain the nutritional values of different foods, when supplementation is necessary, and give healthy lifestyle tips.
Now you may be wondering, is going paleo really life changing? And the answer is YES! Matt and Stacy and their three boys have been living the Paleo lifestyle now for four years. As a result, they have lost over 200 pounds and helped combat major health problems including high cholesterol and blood pressure, anxiety, depression, asthma, eczema, and even their son’s behavioral issues. I stand behind paleo..because it also saved my health in a MAJOR way. For more on their story and beautiful family click here.
Want even better news?! Until May 10th you can get this book for 30% off using the discount code 3PHASE30 when you order!
I BEGGED Stacy to do a special deal for you guys for a few days..because I really want you all to get able to get your hands on this e-book. I was so thrilled when Stacy was willing to do 30% off! You won't be able to get this deal anywhere else! Its for readers of this site ONLY.
So seriously, go get 3 Phase Paleo NOW before the deal runs out! Don't forget to use the discount code at checkout: 3PHASE30
And now for our favorite recipe from the book: Samoa brownies.
Really, who doesn’t have fond memories of this classic Girl Scout cookie? But now it’s even better not just because it’s a brownie version, but also because its completely PALEO! See, I told you you still get to keep your comfort foods
You can read more here about the e-book!
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup and oil
- warm pan – mixture should gently bubble but if it begins to immediately boil and brown is has burnt and you should start
- Add eggs and beat together
- In a separate bowl, mix , over
- cocoa, baking soda and salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix
- until batter forms
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips
- Pour batter into greased 11 x 7 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, make our caramel
- sauce (see below)
- In a small skillet, toast coconut over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly browned, about five minutes
- Let caramel and brownies sit and cool a few minutes (a tough one, we know)
- Warm large sauce pan over medium heat, add honey and maple syrup to warm pan – mixture should gently bubble but if it begins to immediately boil and brown is has burnt and you should start over
- Once gentle bubbles begin to form, turn heat to medium low have little hands continuously stir (to prevent burning)
- Mixture will bubble and potentially expand over edge of pot, if that happens remove from heat and stir, return to heat once bubbles subside
- Once sauce has thickened and the color darkened (about 10 minutes), remove from heat to add baking soda
- Whisk in baking soda thoroughly and continue to stir as it starts to expand and bubble, return to medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Whisk constantly until sauce has become a thick, rich bubbly sauce that does not reduce when moved off of heat
- Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally – sauce will reincorporate to a thick caramel consistency
- Serve and use warmed (heat in microwave or on stove top)
- Store in an airtight container for several months in refrigerator