If you have been a long time follower you know that a few years ago I did a year long candida diet! With January hear I finally felt inspired to get back on board and start working to improve my gut health again! My hashimotos disease is still in remission- but I know that luxury could vanish if I don't take care of myself! With book writing comes lazy eating and grabbing whatever is in front of me which tends to be more carbs and sugar than I should be indulging in.
SO Im getting back on track. I tried a 21sd once and while it was great I didn't like the fact that I couldn't have stevia and xyltiol (which I allow on a candida diet!) BUT.. I know many of you are looking for 21dsd recipes right now, so that is what I will create you. While I love my stevia- I also love this granola! Even though it really isn't sweet at all, the flavor is great and its good for a crunchy snack or quick breakfast.
If you like this recipe- you'll probably also enjoy the Lemon Poppyseed granola recipe in the archives!
Feel free to use combination of nuts- or even just seeds if you can't have nuts! I used a mix of Cashew, Sunflower seeds and Almond Slivers! Just make sure the nuts are raw and unsalted!
ps. the berries in this photo are not 21dsd!
- 2 1/4 of Cups Nuts/Seeds of choice (I used a combo of Cashews and Walnuts)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 Banana (green tipped)
- 3/4 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Zest from 2-3 Limes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor process the nuts until they are ground, they should be a mix of small grounds and small chunks.
- Put nuts in a bowl. mix in the coconut and set aside
- In the food process add the green tipped banana + lime juice and puree.
- Combine nuts, pureed banana, , poppy seeds, salt, and lime zest.
- Crumble granola on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Rotate granola and lower oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook an additional 14-16 minutes. Granola should be lightly golden and crisp.