Hey guys! Based on the popularity of my Paleo Honey "Wheat" bread recipe from my book "Every Last Crumb" I thought it would be fun to create for you a Sugar Free Version! Many of you (like myself) seem to be doing sugar free right now because… its January and thats just what we do! haha
This bread is pretty delicious. However of course as to be expected it is not sweet and leaving out the sugar does change the texture a tiny bit for the original version, its a bit less fluffy and a tiny bit more dense. But its still yummy and will fulfill a bread craving.
If you are on the candida diet and allow stevia (which I do!) You could probably add a few packets of powdered stevia or some liquid to taste to sweeten the bread beautifully. BUT Since I wanted this recipe for work for both the 21dsd people I left out all sweetener! This way the recipe will work for many of you!
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Jar of Creamy Almond Butter, Cashew Butter or Peanut Butter.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda or Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place your eggs into the blender and process on high for about 30-40 seconds.
- To the blender add the almond butter, lemon juice, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and salt. Blend for another minute or so until smooth.
- Pour batter into parchment lined loaf pan (you may need a spatula to help get all the batter from the blender). Tap the pan filled with batter hard a few times on your counter to remove any air bubbles. Then bake for 49-51 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes and clean and the bread feels firm to touch.
- Let the bread cool fully before slicing for a nice clean slice.